This week, we are highlighting Demolition Games in South Salt Lake. The store is founded and run by Travis and Daniel, both of which are avid and dedicated gamers, who wanted to provide a safe haven for war-gamers to play in, where there is always an open table, and a friendly community to fit into.
Both of the shop owners work day jobs to supplement their ability to keep the store running, so you could definitely say the store is less of a method to make money, and more a testament of their dedication to the games that they love.
The communities and game systems that are currently thriving at Demolition games are the following:
- Warmachine/Hordes – Sunday all day are the typical play days, but pick-up games throughout the week are common. There is a journeyman league starting up in July, so it would be a great opportunity to get into the game, or try a new faction.
- Xwing – Wednesday nights starting around 5:30 or 6:00. This one has been quite popular lately—come try it out, or get some games in with the local players.
- Star Wars Armada—Tuesday nights are the current official nights players will show up to get a game in. There is a state tournament coming up on July 11th.
- Open Board Gaming – Saturday nights, come in and try a new board game, or bring in one you have been looking to try with some fellow gamers.
- Hero Clix—Tuesday evenings are game time, and this community is just getting started. Stop on by to find out how you can participate.
- Malifaux—Friday nights are when these guys typically meet, and this is another game system with a newly budding community. It would be a great time to come in and get involved to help the community grow.
Travis and Daniel have a lot of big plans—they are working to get a website online, which will come with lots of goodies, including a forum, youtube webcast show for “let’s play” and game reviews, blogs, and an online store. They hope to have this up and running by the end of the year.
Come on by and check this store out—all their products are 20% below MSRP, and their communities are open and friendly, and looking to grow further!
85 West 3300 South
Salt Lake City, UT
(South side of the street, in the same complex as Jimmy John’s)